Friday, August 8, 2008

Month 1


I know this is all supposed to be about Athletic Training, but since I am not currently doing anything AT-related, why not just write - right?


Anyway, I'm still on a mission. I feel like everything is going well. It could be better, but I can't be upset with how things are right now. My three classes; Medical Terminology (online), Protective Applications in Taping & Bracing, and Athletic Training Clinical, were all successes. I am ecstatic in the fact that I got straight A's - which I think is the first time I EVER got a 4.0!!!!! Hard to believe, huh Grandma? She thinks I am the smartest person in the world lol, which always makes me smile, when she calls me her "Genius." But this 4.0 was kind of a "soft" 4.0 because I don't think the professors here will let us fail. So the grades were kind of "given" to us, but that certainly doesn't mean I didn't work hard for them, and I didn't learn A LOT! Because, I did


I have yet to develop a routine, but that's okay because the real school hasn't started yet. In just this month, I've mainly been attending class during the day, eating, exercising, and on Saturdays knocking out errands and going to the Shack (town nightclub).


I am excited about the upcoming Fall semester. I have money in the bank (because I'd hate to not be able to get some of the books), I'm real cool with the rest of the cohort, and I will hopefully get hired to be a Community Assistant (CA), or as I know them as, Resident Assistants. If I can get this job, then I can get my own room, which as a 23yr old Graduate Student, is very important. I was originally going to room with Clutch, but this is a much better idea, I feel. Besides, we'll probably both get placed in the residence hall we were going to be assigned to in the Fall anyway.


Two-a-days began last week and First-Year Graduate students are actually not allowed to participate. Hmm. Not that I am angry or anything, but that is a little surprising. In fact, being a student who is living on-campus, it is a huge factor in terms of housing. In the letter the program sent in mid-June, it states that they will "provide housing for two-a-days," but nowhere does it say Level I graduate students are not expected to participate. So, I figured I had housing covered for the two week gap between the end of Summer school, and the beginning of Fall. Turns out, I don't. Without getting into all that, I have to give props to Justin for letting us crash. Good looks, man! I got some orange juice for ya :0)

No comments: