Thursday, November 27, 2008

Rotation 7 - Cross Country/Track and Field

Warning: Rant enclosed

To say I didn't learn anything would be inaccurate. To say I didn't want to be there, most of the time, would not be.  Relax.  Whatever it was that caused me to be lax was surely justifiable.  At this point, I have had enough of everybody's rights and priviledges and feelings and urges and matters -- what am I gonna do? 

So I recieved 2's and 3's on my evaluation.  Hmmm that taste good haha!  Sorry I can't help but to laugh at that; I couldn't resist!  Really? Who cares about a 2 or a 3 -- I sure don't, especially when it is absolutely silly to think that was all my time was worth!  I'm glad I have the capacity to think through this and look right past the numbers.  All one has to do is look at my previous evaluations; the numbers speak for themselves! I know I am a helluva student!  But what you don't know is I also know, and recognize a challenge when it spits on my shoes, and I will not back down.  Rational folk like myself have a tendency to call out bullshit when I see it, hear it, or even begin to sense it.  For example, if someone says some outlandish statement like "Obama will take away all of our guns," that is some bullshit that needs to be called out.  However, there isn't much you can do for a person who believes this, except for give them a hug and tell them to back away from Fox News.  Put down the remote, and back away...from....the...Fox......News....!!!!

So what I mean is...a 2 is BS and 3 as well.  Yes, there are two sides to every story, but all you need is mine because I have no reason to lie.  As proof, the directors say the more feedback, the better; and I believe they take our criticisms into consideration in order to improve the program.  Good, because I believe in feedback, too! I feel I was evaluated on one-day, and one-day only.  You mean to tell me, for 9 days, I only did 2 & 3's worth of work?  Really?  Not even you can believe that!  On day one, I was 30 minutes late (1:30p), okay.  

But then, how can one be criticized for something they didn't know they were supposed to be doing?  If you are never given a formal/informal introduction to your job duties, orientation to protocol, introduced to the population you will be serving, etc., how can you be fairly criticized for not knowing?  I don't think you can.  Should I have already known those procedures? That's debatable.  I say no because I, for one, will not allow others to influence my judgement on someone I have never worked with, or had the opportunity to get to know and experience on my own, or at least, enough to formulate my own opinion on.  Ironically however, this is exactly what I feel happened to me.  Based on previous students, I was unfairly labeled and pre-judged to be a bad student.  Nothing would overcome that.  I am tired of writing now.  If only you can hear what the athletes really think.  That's why I don't have to explain anything.  Are you listening? 

No comments: