Sunday, August 23, 2009

BurnWatch '09 - Day 3

Warning: Pictures may be too graphic for the weak-stomached individual. But they're not that bad, wimp!


As you can see the heat blister has "popped" or peeled, I guess, and revealed underneath the "meat" of my leg. I say popped because in the previous post, you can see my finger running across the affected site, as the skin somewhat rolls under my fingers. That is because there was "pressure" within the burn, and it felt really warm, compared to the other parts of my leg. So, I did what any Athletic Trainer would do, and immediately applied ice, and compression. Of course, I dressed up an anti-adherent pad just to reduce any friction, but I believe my gastrocnemius (calf) constantly contracting/relaxing is what caused the skin to "pop" therefore, opening up the burn. I will go see Dr. Miller tomorrow, who is our Athletic Dept. team physician.








No comments: