Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Personal Reflections

After spending the last two days in airports, and my mom almost getting arrested by security, I have finally had time to reflect upon the last two years of my life.  Initially, this blog was created to chronicle my life on the road from California to Texas, and eventually becoming an Athletic Trainer.  Now that all that has been satisfied, I wondered to myself, if I should no longer post on this blog.  Even though it's over, I didn't want to say goodbye to this blog.  It was originally titled "Your Homie, Athletic Trainer," but once I got Certified, I figured it should be a little more professional, and certainly the description of the blog changed from "my journey to become a Certified Athletic Trainer," to my whatever the description says now -- I forget. Bu as for the blog itself, I felt I should continue to post as a means of getting information out about our profession, or just as a method of personal release because I know I have an interesting journey ahead of me; and it will get better with each and every day.

It's a little wild to look back upon the first entries of this blog.  It feels like such a long time ago.  I still remember the day this idea came to me, and how I wanted to make this a journey I would never forget.  It was while I was still working with Chabot College, and I was still in the process of applying to Graduate school.  Needless to say, I am glad I did this.  I love the fact that I did it, and will cherish the memories I have - those posted here, and those that aren't.

As for what's in store for me now, only thing left to do is find an Athletic Training job.  In the meantime, I will work with USF's Upward Bound Program which is just a temporary Summer position, but it should hold me over until I find a career-fulfilling position.

I am certainly excited about my future, and I also must admit, this whole becoming an adult thing can be scary at times, but what has gotten me through so far, is thinking about all the fun I will have doing whatever I want to do, when I want to do it.  That there, folks, is what freedom is all about.  And if you ask me, there is no feeling like the feeling of freedom.

See you guys at the Finish Line...

No comments: