Monday, October 31, 2011

#OccupyStudentDebt

#OccupyStudentDebt is a movement that is gaining plenty of traction as of lately.  Similar to the #OccupyWallStreet movement, this particular group is comprised of, I believe, hundred of thousands, if not millions, more individuals who are fed up and want to see a change.  Massive Student Debt affects many people, just as the inequalities created by unjust practices in the banking and finance industry.  With this movement, however, it is seemingly much more clear to what the problem is.  People borrow money to attend instituions of higher education, only to be inundated with bills they are unable to pay, upon completion of their degree.

Some are able to find jobs; some aren't. I was one of the fortunate ones to find a job out of Graduate School.  Might I add, the job doesn't pay nearly enough to cover the cost of loans.  Simply put, I will be dead before the loan is paid off!

To get a better picture of just what is going on, visit occupystudentdebt.com/ and there you will get a personal glimpse into what the system has created.

1 comment:

RosalynMC said...

Glad you support this cause, I and my hubby supports the Occupy SF,usually spends time there when I can, just being careful not to get arrested or pepper sprayed, but SF police are very civil. There was an Occupy USF last year at the campus, was interesting.