Friday, May 18, 2012

Motorcycle Gear Review

 Pictures here and below taken on Feb. 2, 2010.  Icon Team Merc jacket, made of textile, and armored shoulders and elbows.  Colors are white/grey/camouflage.  I bought the 2XL because at the time I was kinda fat.  I was about 230 lbs. and 5'11", but pretty much a muscular build.  Not beer-guttin' it


 Fast forward two years later, May 18, 2012, and after one low-speed lowside the jacket still holds up!  Minus the usual wear of sweat spots, musky man smell, and bug blood, the jacket is fantastic.  

 Here is a hole from said lowside.  That's it.  This is on the left elbow.

  Icon Victory Riding Pants on 2/6/2010.  Brand spanking new.  Sz. 38 because like I mentioned above, I was a bit overweight when I bought these.  

  Fast forward 2 years on May 18, 2012 after a low-speed lowside through an intersection.  That's it.  A small hole on the lower left leg.  The pants are as advertised, and held up very well.  

  Freeze-Out Brand from Cycle Gear...plainly stinks.  Good thing I bought them on sale for $14.99 because now they are listed at $29.99 which is a rip off

  Not only do they NOT work by keeping the cold out, but they ripped to shreds. 

  I bought these in December 2011 when it get's the coldest in the Bay Area.  I couldn't bare the cold commutes any longer.  It was becoming no fun while riding in the morning.  Funny thing was, only my hands were cold.  Other parts of my body were cold, too, but they would be fine.  I need my hands, obviously, for shifting and breaking, and controls. I took these pictures on 5/18/2012, but they've been breaking at the seams since January.  It started with a litter tear and eventually spread. 

 Shift Racing Stealth Gloves are no longer available but that doesn't matter because Shift is a good brand.  At least, by me they are.  I bought these the same day I got the rest of the above gear and it's all held up during the crash.  Only thing that remains is a small hole under the fifth digit on the left, and a small hole in between the 4th & 5th on the right hand.  


No comments: