Monday, October 20, 2008

We Interrupt this....

It's official -- I am a grown man! Not that I didn't know this already, but it has just been confirmed (literally minutes ago) by an unknown college student and her friend, both appearing to be about the same age. This is me. While on my way to a study session, because apparently that is what grown men do on Monday nights, I walked past the Surfin' Stephen statue and off in the distant, I saw the remains of a car wreckage. So, as I walked, I continued to inspect what appeared to be a car fire, or at least somethign serious, because there was yellow caution tape all over the place.

While taking in this scene, apparently I did not notice two females walking in front of me. But, I did notice them, which explains why I methodically veered left and attempted to walk by them. As a result of my soft steps, I startled one of the two girls (I didn't really startle her, or suprise here; she really just wanted to make a scene, trust me I can tell). So I said, jokingly, "Sorry, next time I'll announce myself." At this point, I am walking stride-for-stride with the pair. The scary one then replied, "oh that's cool, I wasn't scared." And at this point, I was in front of the two. I then look back, and say something but before I can get it out, she interjects and says apologetically

"Oh you're grown, you are a grown man. I'm sorry..."

Her friend then gives her a light slap on the arm, as to gesture.."Look what you did." I was stunned. I couldn't help but to laugh.

This brings me back to a time when a comedian named Jor Rogan (Fear Factor) made a joke about being young, and the next day, you're in the grocery line, and the bag-boy calls you "Sir," and you Freak the Hell OUT!!!! Hahaha, I found out what this feeling is...on this night

No comments: