Friday, May 29, 2009

Half-shocked

Watching Leno's last night on "The Tonight Show" and he's doing a best-of Jay Walking, when I notice this huge tatoo on this young lady's arm...orange hair...hmmm; it's Oakland's very own Keyshia Cole. Now if you've never seen Jay Walking, Leno typically makes fun of the people he's interviewing, or rather they make fun of themselves by answering common-knowledge questions - WRONG! Now, the question posed to our beloved Ms. Cole was actually a name-this-person question. Jay was holding a picture of this man












Our dear Keyshia has no CLUE!!! I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but..c'mon!!! I know this man may not have been the most popular figure in (especially) traditional Westcoast liberal politics, or even Black families, but even then, both sides (left & right) could undoubtedly answer the question. And I am a huge believer in being able to recognize our public, and notable leaders. Also I do, however, realize had she gotten it right, that never would have been broadcasted. I would like to ask Keyshia if she remembers that day, and more importantly..."do you now have an answer?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was just me! I knew that was keyshia, I sure hope she is now up on her current events.