Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Liberation





You know...just because someone passes, doesn't mean they're really gone. Pictured above is JP Reddy, father and husband; whose sun has set in our world, but has risen in another. We've only met Four times, and although two of those four were while your daughter Ashleigh and I dated, despite the circumstances, I would have still remembered each occasion distinctly because you had the personality that I am naturally attracted to. Confident, yet doesn't have to be the life of the party and be the center of attention. Saavy, and knowledgable about various topics, like food and my eventual favorite - gambling (21, anybody?). Loving, to both the women in your family, and to everyone around. Respected, in your profession, leader in your family, and friend to all.

The first time we met, or when you saw me, was during move-out Saturday at USF, as I struggled to load my big red recliner into the back of a '02 Dodge Neon (Ashleigh tells me this story haha). I must've invented about 50 different ways to try and get that thing in there. The second, I believe it was at Ashleigh's graduation dinner, where I was so glad (and nervous) to meet the ENTIRE family, but that day, I had to play the 'cool' type. We didn't get to chat much then, probably because I unconciously kept my distance, but your presence was certainly felt. The third was dinner at Mela in San Francisco, which was between yourself, Ashleigh, and I. Turned out like you liked me. You kept the conversation friendly, gushing over the Lakers who were making a playoff push at the time, and gave an excellent recommendation as to what to order. Thank you for not recommending anything too Spicy! haha. And the fourth was during a December 2006 trip where I found myself as a guest in your home. You let me in, and like every other dad, I imagine, you kept a close eye although you had become familiar with me. You may have looked away a few times, but I never left the corner of your eye haha, which is just fine to me. And I still remember the Blackjack tips you gave me...I'll make sure to put those to good use.

I never really knew how to deal with death, as not many close to me have died, not until 2003 when my only-uncle Ricky passed. As I grew older, as you can imagine, more folks have since moved on, and writing these tributes have become my method of how to deal. Thanks Ashleigh for giving me permission to express this, and I hope this helps you, and those closest.

It's a hard road of hope, but bright stars do line the pavement. Wherever you go, I'm positive there will be room for ya! JP Reddy, my brother, you have raised a strong, smart, and beautiful daughter, and have built a wonderful family that I have had the pleasure of meeting several times (Hi! Mom) and cool-as-ever son, and I pray you no longer have any worries, because your job is done. We got it from here. Remember, you are loved...

Read his Obituary written by Ashleigh Reddy

No comments: