Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy birthday Dilla!





Freaky thing just happened...so, listen

Earlier today, I was looking at Podcast to subscribe to, and remembered coming across on Imeem.com J-Rocc's 66 minute mix of Dilla joints titled "Thank You, Jay Dee. Act 4," so I was looking for that. Turns out, it's not available for download, only through purchase for $00.00 from Stones Throw, when you buy something else. So, I was looking for something to buy, and cme across Dilla t-shirts. I've seen these designs before, and thought they looked good.

That's when this article caught my eye, The Battle for J Dilla's Legacy, about the ongoing struggle of those closest to Dilla and managing his estate. So I didn't get a chance to read it then, but left the tab open for later.

That's when I started reading it tonight and I read this very line at exactly 12:00 AM February 7, 2010

"Donuts was released on Stones Throw on February 7, 2006, his 32nd birthday. Dilla died three days later."

I thought to myself, "wow, today's the 6th (cause I've been filling out papers today) and his birthday's tomorrow..." but I looked at the time, and it was already midnight, meaning it was his birthday. Kind of wild, I think. Maybe it's a sign, who knows...

I feel like I should go write a song or something LOL







No comments: