Saturday, February 6, 2010

New riding gear

So, after my first crash, I realized I had to drop some dough on some gear! I know, it's a little late now, but I think of it this way, this is my second chance so I am going to get it right this time.





New helmet. Brand name is a little obscure to me, but the helmet fits unlike any other helmet I've ever tried on. It's is comfortable beyond belief, so that is a plus. When it comes to choosing a helmet, essentially they're all the same -- just the higher end ones tend to fit a lot better! But in terms of protection, as long as they are DOT Certified or Snell, or both, then the helmet will do what it is supposed to do. The cheaper joints, they will have terrible sizing. I got this from eBay.


SHIFT motorcycle gloves, oh you notice me when I'm waving at you after flying past! It was partly because of the way these looked, but also, the protection they provide. They also go with the jacket, too. The checkered flag design really caught my eye, other than that, gloves are basically gloves, in regard to regular street riding. If you're doing track days, then I'd get a little more protection than these things.

Icon Team Merc motorcycle jacket. Got this baby from motorcycle-superstore.com for $119, on sale from $190. It is a really good jacket, especially for warmer weather, but maybe not so good for those who get cold easily. Fortunately for me, I don't have that problem so it does its job for me in both circumstances. It has two side-pockets which are spacious enough to fit groceries (yes, I do my grocery shopping like that), and it has a stash pocket on the inside for your house keys or something of that nature. I really like the colors, although I'm not a big fan of the Camo, but I think this was creatively done.


There are side vents, or should I say back, that allows air flow if needed. Also, there is a back flap on the lower rear for added protection. I mean, it's not much of protection but it's nice looking. Also each jacket comes with a different number, this one just happens to be four. Have no idea about the connection, but I'm sure it makes a lot of sense. It's a comfortable fit, I got an XXL and it fits my 5'11" 225lb. frame rather well.


Icon riding denim jeans. At first I didn't like these things, only because of the fit, but after I wore them around, they adjusted and now I absolutely love them. They're pretty stylish (I wore them to work) while at the same time offering abrasion-resistant protection, and reinforced-knee protection. They are a little on the long side, the inseam has to be around 40" just they will feel longer than your normal pair, but that means they look excellent while riding.

No comments: